Restoring the basic determinants according to the founding principles of naturopathic medicine:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): identify and remove obstacles to cure; stimulate and enhance the inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam): address root causes of illness rather than merely eliminating or suppressing symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): avoidance of harmful suppression of symptoms; use of least invasive intervention necessary to diagnose/treat disease; strengthen weakened systems via methods and medicinal substances that minimize risk of harmful side effects.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): therapeutic alliance; patient education and empowerment to take self-responsibility and play an active/dynamic role in health management.
- Treat the Whole Person: holistic perspective with emphasis on all aspects influencing individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and spiritual health that together form the whole.
- Prevention: prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease; facilitating appropriate interventions in patients to prevent illness.
As a practitioner of natural medicine and integrative healing arts I specialize in empowering you with the tools necessary for a thriving existence. My solid professional background in the health sciences coupled with the clinical training received at Bastyr University has gifted me with a unique skill-set that I would love to share with you in our collaboration toward your personal health revolution.